Instructor of School Librarianship
Longwood University, Farmville, Virginia, August 2015 to present.
C.L.A.S.S. (Connecting Learning Assures Successful Students), Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cadre Staff Member, 2007 to present.
- Responsible for C.L.A.S.S. E-Tools, 2007-2011.
- Learning Club Leader / Breakout Presenter,C.L.A.S.S.WORKS Summer Institute, 2006 to present.
- Facilitator, C.L.A.S.S. Related Arts Networking Days, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2005-2010.
School Librarian, North Elementary School, Noblesville, Indiana, August 2002 to present.
Noblesville Schools, Library Department Chair, August 2008 to present.
Noblesville Schools Committees
- Calendar Committee, 2012 to present.
- Technology Advisory Council, 2007-2012.
- District Media/Technology Committee, 2002-2007.
- School Improvement Network, 2005-2013.
- English Language Learning Committee, 2005-2009.
- Reading Research Committee, 2006-2007.
- Reading Adoption Committee, 2007.
- K-6 Technology Council, 2003-2005.
North Elementary School Committees
- Media/Technology Advisory Committee
- Co-Chair, 2002 to present.
- School Improvement CommitteeCo-Chair, 2005-2013.
- Literacy SubCommittee, 2002 to present.
- Technology Co-Chair, 2002-2005.
- Data Chair, 2003-2005.
- Professional Development Committee, 2005-2013.
- Parent-Teacher Organization
- Enrichments Co-Chair, 2004-2015.
- Finance Committee, 2005-2015.
- Data Analysis Committee, 2006-2012.
- North Lead Technology Teacher, 2013-2014.
Facilitator / Webinar Presenter, Exploring eBooks for K-12 on edWeb.net sponsored by Rourke Educational Media
Speedway Public Library, 5633 W. 25th Street, Speedway, Indiana 46224
- Specialized Library Assistant, December 1996 to September 2008.
- Library Assistant, September 1995 to December 1996.
- Page, June 1993 to September 1995.
Co-Instructor, IUPUI School of Library and Information Science, Summer 2004.
Co-Instructors - Nancy McGriff and Marge Cox in teaching L553 - the School Library Media Specialist.
Library Media Specialist, Lowell Elementary School, Indianapolis, Indiana, July 1998-July 2002.
Library Media Specialist, Moorhead Elementary School, Indianapolis, Indiana, July 1998 to June 1999.
New Augusta Public Academy South, 6250 Rodebaugh Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46268
- Computer Lab Assistant, May 1998 to June 1998.
- Co-Learning Leader, January 1998 to May 1998.
- Student Teacher, August 1997 to December 1997.
American Association of School Librarians, 1999 to present.
- National Conference Indianapolis 2001 Committee.
- Co-Chair for Local Arrangements, 2000-2001.
- Web Advisory Committee, 2002-2005.
- Annual Conference Committee, 2003-2005.
- Affiliate Assembly
- Indiana Delegate, 2003-2005.
- Recording Secretary, 2004.
- Chair-Elect, 2006; Chair, 2007; Past-Chair, 2008.
- Special Committee on Advocacy, 2005-2007.
- National Conference Reno 2007 Committee
- Co-Chair, 2006-2008.
- National School Library Media Program of the Year Committee, 2007-2008, 2015-2016.
- Board of Directors
- Member At Large, 2008-2010.
- Executive Committee, 2009-2010.
- Appointments Committee, 2008-2010.
- President-Elect, 2010-2011.
- President, 2011-2012.
- Immediate Past-President, 2012-2013.
- Financial Future of the Association Task Force, 2012-2014.
- 65th Anniversary Celebration Task Force, 2014-2016.
- AASL Presidential Initiative Task Force, 2015-2016.
Association for Library Service to Children, 2009 to present.
- Randolph Caldecott Selection Committee, 2014.
American Library Association, 1999 to present.
- Advocacy Committee, 2013-2015.
Association of Indiana School Library Educators, 1995 to present.
(formerly the Association for Indiana Media Educators)
- Young Hoosier Book Award Committee, 2000-2003.
- General Chair, 2002-2003.
- Read Alouds Too Good To Miss Committee, 2002, 2004-2009.
- Board Member, 2002-2007.
- Data Survey Committee, 2003-2005.
- Survivor: Library Media Specialist Workshop
- Co-Chair, 2003.
- Chair, 2006.
- Committee Member, 2008, 2009.
- Annual Conference Chair, 2003-2004.
- President-Elect, 2003-2004.
- President, 2004-2005.
- Immediate Past-President, 2005-2006.
Indiana Library Federation, 1998 to present.
- Committee on Organization, Evaluation, and Structure, 2002-2006.
- Committee Secretary, 2004-2005.
- Strategic Planning Committee, 2004-2007.
- Board Member, 2003-2005, 2006-2009.
- Conference Co-Chair, 2007.
- 2nd Vice President, 2006.
- 1st Vice President, 2007.
- President, 2008.
- Immediate Past President, 2009.
Hamilton County Reading Council, 2002 to present.
- Recording Secretary, 2003-2004.
International Literacy Association (formerly International Reading Association), 2002 to present.
Indiana State Reading Association, 1999 to present.
Indiana Computer Educators, 1999 to present.
International Society for Technology in Education, 2005 to present.
- Affiliate Representative, 2005, 2006.
Indiana Department of Education
School Library Media Specialist Cadre, 2000-2002.
Library Regional Contact Meetings - North Central Region Coordinator, 2006-2009.
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
Library Media Standards Revision Committee, 2009-2010.
Virginia Association of School Librarians, 2015 to present.
- School Library Connection Advisory Board, 2015 to present.
- Capstone Digital, 2010-2011.
- Library Media Connection Advisory Board, 2006-2015.
- School Library Monthly Advisory Board, 2007-2015.
- Follett Software Company Advisory Board, 2009-2011.
- Heinemann-Raintree Library Advisory Board, 2009-2010.
- H.W. Wilson Advisory Panel, 2004-2011.
- Gareth Stevens Advisory Board, 2007-2008.
- Franklin Watts/Children's Press (Scholastic Library Publishing) Advisory Board, 2006-2008.
- CTELP Advisory Board, IUPUI School of Library and Information Science, 2008-2009.
- Association for Indiana Media Educator's Peggy L. Pfeiffer Service Award, 2007.
- Indiana Library Federation's Outstanding Media Specialist, 2007.
- American Association of School Librarian's National School Library Media Program of the Year, 2007.
- Community Literacy Award, Hamilton County Reading Council, 2006.
- Blue Ribbon for Exemplary School Media Programs in the State of Indiana, 2005.
- Teacher-Librarian Magazine Professional Development Grant, 2004.
- Golden Apple Award, IPALCO, 2001.
- American Association of School Librarian’s Frances Henne Award, 2000.
- Indiana Library Federation’s Outstanding New Media Specialist, 1999.
- Graduated Ball State University Summa cum Laude, December 1997.
- Dean’s Honor List, Ball State University, All eight semesters.
- Speedway High School, Indiana Honors Diploma, May 1994.