Assistant Professor of School Librarianship
Longwood University, Farmville, Virginia, August 2015 to present.
Editor, School Library Connection
Operations and Management Topic Center
Libraries Unlimited an imprint of ABC-CLIO
Santa Barbara, California, March 2015 to present.
School Librarian, North Elementary School, Noblesville, Indiana, 2002-2015.
Noblesville Schools, Library Department Chair, Noblesville, Indiana, 2008-2015.
Library Media Specialist, Lowell Elementary School, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1998-2002.
Library Media Specialist, Moorhead Elementary School, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1998-1999.
Technology Assistant, New Augusta Public Academy South, Indianapolis, Indiana, Spring Semester 1998.
Specialized Library Assistant, Speedway Public Library, Speedway, Indiana 46224, 1993-2008.
Cadre Staff Member, C.L.A.S.S. (Connecting Learning Assures Successful Students), Indianapolis, Indiana, 2007-2015
- School Librarianship Search Committee, 2016-2017
- Technology Committee, 2015-present.
- Sunshine Committee, 2015-present.
- Chair, 2016-present.
- Longwood Summer Literacy Institute Committee, 2015-present.
- Faculty Senate, 2016-present.
- Graduate Faculty Petitions Committee, 2016-present.
State Professional Organizations
Indiana Library Federation
- 2nd Vice President, 2006; 1st Vice President, 2007; President, 2008; Past President, 2009.
- ILF Board Member, 2003-2005, 2006-2009.
- ILF Conference Co-Chair, 2007 .
- Strategic Planning Committee, 2004-2007.
- Committee on Organization, Evaluation, and Structure, 2002-2006.
- Committee Secretary, 2004-2005.
Association for Indiana Media Educators
- Read Alouds Too Good To Miss Committee, 2002, 2004-2010.
- Survivor: Library Media Specialist Workshop
- Committee Member, 2008-2010.
- Chair, 2006.
- Co-Chair, 2003.
- AIME Board Member, 2002-2007.
- President-Elect, 2003-2004; President, 2004-2005; Past-President, 2005-2006.
- Data Survey Committee, 2003-2005.
- Annual Conference Chair, 2003-2004.
- Young Hoosier Book Award Committee, 2000-2003.
- General Chair, 2002-2003.
Hamilton County Reading Council, 2002-2015.
- Planning annual author program, 2003-2015.
- Recording Secretary, 2003-2005.
National Professional Organizations
American Association of School Librarians
- 65th Anniversary Celebration Chair, 2014 to present.
- Alliance for Excellent, 2016-2017.
- AASL Presidential Initiative Task Force, Leslie Preddy, 2015-2016.
- National School Library Media Program of the Year Committee, 2007-2008, 2015-2016.
- Roald Dahl Miss Honey Social Justice Award, 2013-2015.
- President-Elect, 2010-2011; President, 2011-2012; Past-President, 2012-2013.
- Board of Directors
- Executive Committee, 2009-2013.
- Member At Large, 2008-2010.
- Appointments Committee, 2008-2010.
- National Conference Reno 2007 Committee, Co-Chair, 2006-2008.
- Special Committee on Advocacy, 2005-2007.
- Web Advisory Committee, 2002-2005.
- Annual Conference Committee, 2003-2005.
- National Conference Indianapolis 2001 Committee, Co-Chair for Local Arrangements, 2000-2001.
- Affiliate Assembly
- Chair-Elect, 2006 / Chair, 2007.
- Recording Secretary, 2004.
- Indiana Delegate, 2003-2005.
Association for Library Services to Children
- Randolph Caldecott Committee, 2014.
American Library Association, 1999 to present.
- Budget Analysis and Review Committee, 2017 to present.
- Nomination Committee, 2015-2016.
- Candidate for ALA Council, 2014, 2015, 2018
- Library Advocacy Committee, 2013-2015.
- Appointments Committee, 2011-2012.
- Presidential Task Force on Diversity, 2011-2012.
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Library Media Standards Revision Committee, 2009-2010.
International Society for Technology in Education, 2005 to present.
- Affiliate Representative, 2005, 2006.
- Plymouth State University School Library Advisory Board, 2017 to present.
- Transform Your School Library – Mackin, 2015 to present.
- School Library Connection Advisory Board, 2015 to present.
- Granite State University School Library Program Advisory Board, 2014-2017.
- Linworth Publishing Advisory Board, 2006-2015.
- School Library Monthly Advisory Board, 2007-2015.
- H.W. Wilson Advisory Board, 2004-2011.
- CTELP Advisory Board, IUPUI School of Library and Information Science, 2009-2011.
- Follett Software Advisory Board, 2009-2011.
- Heinemann-Raintree Advisory Board, 2009-2011.
- Gareth Stevens Advisory Board, 2007-2009.
- Franklin Watts/Children’s Press (Scholastic Library Publishing) Advisory Board, 2006-2008.
- Virginia Association of School Librarian’s Rutherford Memorial Award, 2016.
- Association for Indiana Media Educator's Peggy L. Pfeiffer Service Award, 2007.
- Indiana Library Federation's Outstanding Media Specialist, 2007.
- American Association of School Librarian's National School Library Program of the Year Award, 2007.
- Community Literacy Award, Hamilton County Reading Council, 2006.
- Blue Ribbon for Exemplary School Media Programs in the State of Indiana, 2005.
- Teacher-Librarian Magazine Professional Development Grant, 2004.
- Golden Apple Award, IPALCO, 2001.
- American Association of School Librarian’s Frances Henne Award, 2000.
- Indiana Library Federation’s Outstanding New Media Specialist, 1999.